The Bangladesh Society of Physiologists is a nonprofit organization devoted to fostering education, research and dissemination of knowledge in the medical Physiology. The society was founded in 2006 with 111 members. BSP now has over 300 members.
BSP is administered by an elected council consisting of a President, Secretary General and 10 executive members. The society office is based in the Department of Physiology, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University, Shahbag, Dhaka.
BSP is a member of South Asian Association of Physiologists (SAAP) & International Union of Physiological Sciences (IUPS), a coalition of independent societies that plays an active role in lobbying for the interests of Physiological Scientists.
Ensure excellence in teaching and learning medical Physiology in understanding body function and upheld professionalism of the physiologists.
- Achieve highest teaching standard of medical Physiology
- Serve the professional needs of the members and promote medical Physiology as career.
- Promote research to expand knowledge and understanding of body function taking full advantages of new technological developments.
- To be the foremost comprehensive medical physiology education and knowledge for all Physiologists.
- Recognize outstanding contributions in medical Physiology in the country.